EYFS/Key Stage 1 Teacher Vacancy At St Mary’s, Great Eccleston
We are seeking an enthusiastic full-time teacher, for an Early Years/Key Stage 1 Class (provisionally incorporating reception/year 1 pupils), who is dedicated, motivated, adaptable and full of ideas to join our committed team at our small, successful school.
This is a permanent post to start of January 2023 or as soon as an agreed alternative start date can be negotiated.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is preferably a practising Catholic or committed Christian
- Is an excellent, creative and engaging practitioner who is able to inspire and nurture children’s pre-existing love of learning
- Is caring but committed to promoting high standards of attainment and behaviour
- Enjoys teaching and working as part of a close knit team and will positively contribute to the staff team
- Is resilient, well organised and has initiative
- Has high expectations for learning, achievement and behaviour yet has children at the heart of their teaching
- Understands what is required to work successfully in a very small school environment
- Is willing to contribute to extra-curricular activities and to other enrichment activities for the children
- Supports the distinctive values of a Catholic School
Candidates are asked to state their subject strengths and interests within their application as we seek to utilise the strengths of the appointed teacher to the full.
Please note: St Mary’s Catholic Primary School Great Eccleston is part of the Blessed Edward Bamber Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Successful candidates will be employees of this Trust.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Teaching EYFS/KS1 pupils
- Thorough knowledge of the early years and KS1 national curriculum and assessment
- Knowledge of systematic synthetic phonics
- Ability to deliver a broad balanced, stimulating and engaging curriculum which meets the needs of all pupils in a mixed age and ability class
- Ability and commitment to leading several curriculum areas
- Evidence of participation in a range of professional development opportunities
- well behaved children who are keen, interested learners and who have personality
- a distinctive Christian environment in which everyone is valued
- a strong team ethic
- good opportunity for professional development
Closing Date for applications: Midday, Friday, 18th November 2022
Short listing: Monday, 21st November 2022
Interviews: Tuesday, 29th November 2022
To arrange an informal discussion/visit please contact:
Heather Armer (School Business Support Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ramsay (Head Teacher) email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks, as outlined within the Local Authority’s Recruitment Guidelines.
Please note CVs are not accepted. To apply for this vacancy you must complete the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form attached.
Application forms to be returned to either: the Head Teacher or School Business Support Officer at the school.
Rehabilitation of Offenders:
This post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘disclosure’. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. BEBCMAT has a handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy which is available to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
The school and BEBCMAT has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders which is available to all applicants on request.
- Tel: 01995 670364
- Students on roll: 50